DEKRA Industrial is a company focused on innovation and technology, delivering NDT and inspection services as well as advanced technical testing to various industries, including nuclear,power generation, oil and gas, construction, petrochemical, manufacturing, fabrication, pulp and paper, rail, mining, steel industry and foundries.
With a 96-year global heritage and international experience to call on, DEKRA Industrial RSA has established a reputation as a leader in inspection services, non-destructive testing (NDT), material testing, laboratory services, advanced NDT, expert appraisals, international claims management, certification, asset integrity services and industry training. Although we are supported by the global DEKRA Group — which currently maintains a presence in over 50 counties across 5 continents — DEKRA Industrial RSA also has vast local expertise, reputation and credibility built over the past 38 years, with extensive experience within Southern Africa and pan-Africa, having completed numerous milestone projects on the continent in that time.
DEKRA Industrial is committed to developing our African footprint/presence and we have a registered, legal presence in Northern Mozambique for the LNG Project in the Cabo Delgado Province - DEKRA Industrial Inspection LDA.
What we do
NDT entails a variety of non-invasive inspection methods to assess material characteristics, components, or whole process units, including discerning and measuring damage to mechanisms and structures. NDT and inspection can be conducted during or after manufacture, or even on equipment that is operational. Within manufacturing, NDT inspections assess if parts/structures are adequately equipped for a desired function.
Parts are inspected to ensure they will tolerate a given lifetime or number of cycles before failure.Therefore, depending on the scale of the fault, if inspection is undertaken by companies that are ill-equipped, uncertified or inexperienced — or any combination of these — the results could be disastrous as well as potentially hazardous to human life.
How we do itIn South Africa, DEKRA Industrial RSA has two main divisions, DEKRA Industrial and DEKRA Institute of Learning.
ISO 45001-compliant, DEKRA Industrial is the operations side of the business, ensuring that deployment of NDT and inspection equipment and resources is optimised – locally, nationally and globally – and always with safety and client service top-of-mind. Irrespective of where resources are required, DEKRA Industrial ensures the best solution is found for our clients, deploying equipment and personnel strategically and ensuring the best optimisation of assets.
DEKRA Industrial is the provider of professional and innovative services in the fields of:
- Inspection Services (QA and QC excluding third party inspections, Dekra is not an Authorised Inspection Authority (AIA) we contract this service out)
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Material Testing
- Laboratory Services
- Advanced NDT
- Asset Integrity Services and
- Industry Training (Institute of Learning)
- With 98 years in the industry through its global parent company, DEKRA Industrial SA has established a formidable reputation as a leader in inspection services, non-destructive testing (NDT), material testing, laboratory services, Advanced NDT, and asset integrity services, and offers industry training through DEKRA Institute of Learning. With a Group presence in more than 50 countries on five continents, DEKRA Industrial RSA provides safety solutions across a multitude of industries, including power generation, oil and gas, construction, petrochemical, manufacturing, fabrication, pulp and paper, rail, mining, steel industry and foundries, within South Africa and pan-Africa.
- DEKRA Industrial SA is a holistic services provider of NDT inspection, corrosion control with rope access and lifting. The company has 51 percent black woman ownership and has achieved a current overall Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE) status of Level 1.
- The company is also RD 0034-compliant, a nuclear safety compliance standard and is one of the few NDT companies locally to hold the ISO 45001:2018 certification; as well as the prestigious DNV certification giving DEKRA Industrial access to many inspection opportunities in the maritime sector.
- Showcasing its ongoing commitment to safety, which runs like a ‘golden thread’ throughout the company, Dekra Industrial SA achieved its 8th annual NOSCAR safety award in 2022 - the highest safety honour which can be bestowed on a business by the National Occupational Safety Association (NOSA).
It is the vision of Dekra IOL to bring affordable, quality education to adults who have not been exposed to such opportunities previously; and in so doing, we set out to help them in furthering their skills and therefore their careers. Today, employers are looking for employees with real occupational-based skills. It is important for the adult learners to be able to implement their learning into their daily work. In this way, we aim to play a strategic role in closing the skills – and employment - gap in South Africa, thereby benefitting the economy as a whole.
The Dekra Institute of Learning (IOL) is QCTO-accredited and delivers online learning across all industries, in both public and private sectors, with training pitched to all levels of competency, focusing on HSE, ISO and CPD-aligned courses. Classroom-based and distance learning are also available.